Monday, November 22, 2010

Pilgrim Hats-Thanksgiving Food Craft for Kids

Well, Hello Thanksgiving.... You have snuck up on me this year. Again.
Seriously, I'm not sure just what I've been doing lately, but its seems like just yesterday we were Trick or Treating. So, I'd better get busy posting some of my Thanksgiving recipes for yall!

Today, I'm going to give you a quick recipe that you've probably seen all over cyberspace. These little pilgrim hats are just too cute. Even your toddler kiddos can do this food craft themselves.

With the kids out of school this week, you'll probably be dying for just a moment of peace to yourself. Well, you throw all the ingredients out and show your kids how to make these and I bet you'll have no less than 30 minutes of no-fighting, screaming, fussing or crying from the children in your house. Of course, they'll be jacked up on a sugar high after those 30 minutes. But, hey, you got 30 minutes. Right?!?! Let's be Thankful:)

Enjoy!











 Pilgrim Hats

Ingredients
  • 1 cup vanilla frosting
  • 32 miniature peanut butter cups
  • 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
  • 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum or any small square candy

Directions

  •  Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
  • Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole on the bottom of cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies. Yield: 32 cookie



5 comments:

Sonya said...

YUM!! I just saw something similar to these only they used them as a topper on cupcakes. I miss those cookies and peanut butter cups!

Kim said...

These are super duper cute and I bet your two girls love them!

Leslie said...

These are darling!!!

Desi said...

So cute and looks like they took a long time to make... but the recipe and ingredient list seem super easy! My kinda recipe :)

Amanda said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts today! You can see it here
http://funfamilycrafts.com/pilgrim-hat-cookies/

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.