I realize Easter has come and gone, but since my recipe today was actually my Easter dessert , I thought we’d just have an entire Easter recap.
So in a nutshell,
The Easter Bunny did in fact come.
There was some egg dying...
The drying of the eggs was nearly too much for Princess Runwild….
There was a bit of Egg Hunting….
Princess Runwilder didn’t stand a chance. Her older sister had years more experience. She was a kid on a mission. God love her, if she’d only known I was going to make them divide them equally….
There was even the excitement of the loss of a first tooth!…..
And the sweet ending to a fabulous Easter?
There’s not too much to know about this carrot cake. Except that its moist, it makes nice deep layers and you will love it! Oh, wait..you should know that the layers are sooo deep that you may have a hard time finding a cake carrier for transport, if you’re taking it to someone elses house. I had to wrestle it into a plastic storage container. The kind you generally store clothes in, but I’m pretty sure nobody cared :)Hope you had a wonderful Easter!
Southern Carrot Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz can crushed pinapple, drained
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cake.Press pecans around the side of cake for decoration.