Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sinful Salty & Sweet Brownies


Do you ever have days when you just want to consume your entire caloric expenditure in junk??
No....
Oh....No, I don't either...
Often.....
Ok, so not this week, but its only Tuesday.

Anyways, if we were going to be crazy and just force ourselves to indulge in quite possibly the most sinful treat ever, I was thinking this Sinful Salty & Sweet Brownie might fit the bill. I concocted it one day when I might have been having a bit of a need for junk food. It combines the very best of both salty and sweet. Hidden within this gooey caramel brownie resides the following:
1)Chocolate Covered Pretzels, 2) Mars Candy Bars (which I completely forgot existed until I was scouting out the candy isle at Walmart one day) 3)Caramello Bars (Oh how I love thee...) and  4) Potato chips (you can use the light/fat free potato chips if it makes you feel better). Its all baked in a Ghiradelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix. Yes, I kid you not. Its all in there. So, if you're serious and you've never wasted all your daily calories on junk food....well, my  friend, its never too late!

Enjoy!

Sinful Salty & Sweet Brownies

Ingredients:
Ghiradelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix
1 egg
1/3 c. oil
1/4 cup water
2 Mars candy bars, chopped
3 Caramello bars, chopped
1/2 c potato chips, crushed
1/2 bag Flipz milk chocolate covered pretzels, chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together the brownie mix (set aside the caramel packet), egg, oil and water. Into a greased 9x9 pan, spoon half the brownie mixture. Top brownie mixture with Mars bars, potato chips, choc. covered pretzels and caramello bars. Spoon theremaining brownie mixture over previous layer. Drizzle caramel (from brownie mix) over the top. Gently swirl into mixture.
Bake at 325 degrees for 36-40 minutes.


9 comments:

This Wife Cooks said...

Wow! Those are ridiculous brownies! And I mean that in the best way possible. ;)

peachkins said...

my mouth is literally watering!

Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook said...

Not fair! Just back from lunch and my mouth is watering. Great photo's!

Dana@TheSundaySweet said...

These look amazing! I'm a huge fan of salty and sweet. Best combination of flavors!

Susan at www.ugogrrl.com said...

OH MY STARS! These look so heavenly - I cannot wait to make them!

Megan's Cookin' said...

These sound like pretty tasty treats.

Diane Schmidt said...

Cannot RESIST the yumminess of these!

Farmgirlfoodie said...

I cannot wait to try these this afternoon! I have to substitute almond snicker bars for Mars bars because they apparently do not sell them in Georgia anymore. We went to 5 or 6 grocery stores and gas stations during the last week looking for them- finally decided the almond snickers would have to do. I love your recipes, Thank you for sharing!!!

Peachy said...

These look simply amazing! I really want to whip some up for my dinner guests next weekend. I am a southern gal currently living in Australia and am searching for an indulgent dessert to introduce to the natives. We do not have the caramel ghiardelli brownie mix here. Do you recommend any sort of concoction to substitute for this? Thank you kindly!