Monday, May 31, 2010

Triple Layer Brownies


Happy Memorial Day!! Hope you all have great plans to get outside and have a little summertime fun. Today is the day that most consider to be the start of the summer/grilling season. But, please take a moment today to think about all the men and women that have served our country! This is of course why we really celebrate Memorial Day.

Today's recipe is a great layered bar cookie  that seems almost too good to be true. This would be the perfect ending for all your Memorial Day cookouts. The layers of this treat consist of a brownie layer, a cream cheese frosting layer, and a Rice Krispie/Peanut Butter/Chocolate layer. Need I say more?!?! Even better, this is quick to throw together since it is made from packaged convenience foods. No need to make homemade brownies and icing. Just grab a box of brownie mix and a tub of cream cheese icing. The flavors of this decadent treat are so good, no one will know you took a few shortcuts. The best part...you can actually sit back and enjoy relaxing today instead of slaving over dessert. Have a great Memorial Day! Enjoy!


Triple Layer Brownies
Recipe from Taste of Home

Ingredients

  • 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
  • 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 3 cups crisp rice cereal
  • 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
  • 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped

Directions

  • Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
  • In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in cereal; set aside.
  • Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with peanut butter mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until set before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen (I think this is stretching it a touch, maybe a little over a dozen, but I couldn't get 5 dozen from it)

24 comments:

Pam said...

Your brownies sound and look sooo delicious! Just wish I had one now as it sounds great with the peanut addition. Happy safe Memorial Day!

tease-spoon of sugar said...

They sound amazing! Especially the cream cheese layer. I would make them this very minute if my little one didn't have a nut allergy. : (

Velva said...

Happy Memorial Day to you.
Your triple layered brownies look absolutely sinful, which means they are perfect.

Rick said...

Makes me proud to be an American.

Stacie said...

These look delicious!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

It looks Divine!
The Peach Kitchen
blowing peachkisses
peach and things

Katie@Cozydelicious said...

These look amazing! All of my favorite things in one bar. Chocolate, peanut, crispy rice. Yum!!

Angie's Recipes said...

These sandwiched brownies look divine!

Julie M. said...

Oh dear. I believe you've outdone yourself again. This looks AMAZING! You never fail to get my mouth watering with your delicious posts!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness....that is some delicious sinfulness my dear! Worth every calorie:)

Julie said...

After looking at those, I've decided I could make a huge wonderful mess scarfing one down!

Krista said...

Oh my goodness! What a fabulous and creative brownie. I know that these would be a hit at our house. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

cookies and cups said...

Oh WOW!
I bet all the textures were cool!

3 hungry tummies said...

This is indeed very sinful! Love the styling!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! That's three layers of YUM! I can't wait to try these!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

s. Stockwell said...

Love your blog and brownies are such a passion!

Lot-O-Choc said...

Oh wow drool these sound amazingly delicious! Yumm!!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Get out of town. These are just too much. And by too much I mean perfection. Drooling...

ARUNA said...

wow so tempting!

Chef Aimee said...

OH WOW! This is the ultimate brownie!!!

Capricorn Soap Company said...

Thank you for following my blog! I'm your latest follower and oh my, doesn't this recipe look sensational! Thanks for sharing.

-Christina

http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

Erica said...

This dessert looks rich and fantastic!

Tickled Red said...

Now that is a brownie darlin'. You need to live closer so that I can come be your taste tester :)

Christy said...

Oh my!! Three layers of brownie? I'm pretty sure this is a dessert option in heaven. ;o)