Happy Memorial Day!! Hope you all have great plans to get outside and have a little summertime fun. Today is the day that most consider to be the start of the summer/grilling season. But, please take a moment today to think about all the men and women that have served our country! This is of course why we really celebrate Memorial Day.
Today's recipe is a great layered bar cookie that seems almost too good to be true. This would be the perfect ending for all your Memorial Day cookouts. The layers of this treat consist of a brownie layer, a cream cheese frosting layer, and a Rice Krispie/Peanut Butter/Chocolate layer. Need I say more?!?! Even better, this is quick to throw together since it is made from packaged convenience foods. No need to make homemade brownies and icing. Just grab a box of brownie mix and a tub of cream cheese icing. The flavors of this decadent treat are so good, no one will know you took a few shortcuts. The best part...you can actually sit back and enjoy relaxing today instead of slaving over dessert. Have a great Memorial Day! Enjoy!
Triple Layer Brownies
Recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in cereal; set aside.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with peanut butter mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until set before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen (I think this is stretching it a touch, maybe a little over a dozen, but I couldn't get 5 dozen from it)