Monday, October 25, 2010

Nutter Butter Ghosts & A Free Halloween Printable Bag Topper


 The first time I ever saw these cute little Halloween treats, was in my HomeEc class in high school. My teacher seemed to always have the cutest ideas. I didn’t really care for her during the portion of the year that we focused on sewing, but that had less to do with her and more to do with my lack of ability. For some reason, I don’t like doing things I’m not good at. Imagine that!
Anyways, my sweet HomeEc teacher taught me how to make these cute little Nutter Butter Ghosts. They are incredibly simple. As long as your candy coating is not too hot, your kids will love making these.

Probably not a treat I would share with a group when I let my girls help, since you can only imagine the finger-licking temptation that leads to bacterial contamination of the dipping chocolate.  It starts out fine. The two little angels dip their little ghosts so neat and tidy. But soon enough one of them, usually the little one, “accidentally” lets her fingertips dip into the candy coating. Well, its all down hill from there. And, you know you can’t get them to wash their hands before repeating the “accidental dipping.” No, the entire bowl of candy coating is already contaminated with little Runwild Princess germies. I think they worked together as a team to accomplish this, knowing well upfront that the goal would be to take control of the white candy coating. Goal accomplished Runwilder Princesses, goal accomplished......

Now, back to the cookies. So, super simple. You only need 3 ingredients.  These would also be soooo very cute bagged up and given as treats for your Trick or Treaters. Here are some I bagged, I created these cute little bag toppers on Photoshop.


And just because I love my Sinful Southern Sweets readers, you can download them yourself here. This is a freebie printable for y'all. After you print them on heavy cardstock, cut them out and fold them in half. Then attach to your cellophane bag with a stapler.
Enjoy!!

















Nutter Butter Ghosts

Nutter Butter Cookies
White Almond Bark
Mini chocolate chips

Melt almond bark according to pkg directions, until smooth. Dip Nutter Butter in almond bark. Place on wax paper or silpat. While candy is still wet, place the mini chocolate chips on the ghost for the eyes. Let dry until almond bark is completely set.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Your home ec teacher sure had a great idea with these. They are super cute! I love how you have these all packaged up.

P.S. Sewing....yuck!

Velva said...

This are cute, cute and cute again.

Diana's Cocina said...

These are my all time favorite to make. My son is in 6th grade and he's now way to cool for all of this! LOL! It breaks my heart :-(. But. I may treat myself with these cuties!

Evelyn said...

OMG this is toooo cute. I have to make them. Thanks so much for sharing.

Evelyn
Adventure Of Super Spice

What a Dish! said...

I just saw these somewhere else online today and wanted to make them! How cute! I have a hard time finding almond bark here, but I will still try. :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute what a magical idea!Yvette

Lisa said...

These are so adorable. Those nutter butters really do have the perfect shape for these.