Friday, December 17, 2010

Nutter Butter Santas & Free Printable Gift Tags!!


I’m nearly certain that the Grinch is after my Christmas spirit. Yeah, its true. I finally figured it out yesterday when my mixer died in the midst of my holiday baking. I didn’t burn it up or over use it. It just died.  Gave a whole new meaning to mix by hand.  

So, I’m mourning the loss of my mixer. And I’m pretty sure according to Mr. Sweets that there is a high probability that I have NOT been a good enough girl to get one from Santa this year. Huff, Pout, sniff….Oh all because of that one post I did about our anniversary. Mr. Sweets just won’t let it go. He thinks I was being a bit too spicy. Hmpff, sometimes I wonder after all this time if he knows me at all. Teehee!

 Oh, well. I’m just gonna go buy myself a mixer. Though I still have my Christmas spirit now, it is quite possible that it will have diminished after dragging a 2 yr old to the mall with just a little over a week until Christmas.  Those mall Christmas shopper people scare me!

So, today’s post is going to be very, very easy. You won’t even need a mixer, because there’s no baking involved. You start with a few simple Nutter Butters and end up with cute little Santas.  


And, if I do say so myself, these would also be very cute for your treat bags. 

So, here’s another free printable to make your bags extra cute. You can download the tag here.
Enjoy!




 
Nutter Butter Santas

Ingredients

    • 2 (6 ounce) packages white chocolate baking squares, chopped(or almond bark)
    • 1  package Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
    • red colored crystal sugar
    • 32 Marshmallows or white chocolate chips
    • 64 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    • 32 red M&M's

Directions

  1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate, stirring occasionally.
  2. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate.
  3. Place on wax paper.
  4. For santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate.
  5. Press one marshmallow/white choc. chip off-center on hat for pom-pom, let stand until set.
  6. Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered.
  7. Place on wire racks.
  8. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach semisweet chips for eyes and a red M&M's, for nose.
  9. Place on waxed paper until chocolate sets.


7 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Soooo cute! Another friday's favorite for sure :-)

You know... somehow santa AlWays know exactly what I want for Christmas. And... it magically appears. I see a new mixer under your tree (or two)

Holly said...

These are the perfect way to rile up that ole treat bag society;) Soooo cute!!!

Debbie said...

I can't imagine life without my mixer! Thanks so much for the free treat bag tags though, definitely adds some cuteness to this years gifts!

Also, I posted an award for you over on my blog :-)

Evan @swEEts said...

I am so sorry about your mixer.. I'm with Debbie, I have no idea what I did before I had mine! These cookies are adorable and the gift tags are such a fabulous idea!

Diana's Cocina said...

You are so darn cute ~ Love the Santa's!

Kim said...

Those Santas are as cute as can be.

Good luck on taking a 2 year old to the mall. I feel your pain.

Leslie said...

Ohhh no..not a dead mixer!!!!