Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mr. Sweets!




It is quite a rare ocassion that I make a post without a recipe. This is one of those rare ocassions.
This post is for my husband, Mr. Sweets:

 So, apparently it has been brought to my attention that I have been neglecting my wonderful Mr. Sweets on the blog. He made it very clear that he needed a little attention/press on the blog. Oh, men…aren’t they all the same. But, to give credit where credit is due, I do in fact have a very sweet and wonderful husband. 10 years ago from yesterday, we were married. And boy has he had to put up with a lot out of me over 10 years. Mother Maxine always takes his side (on any discussion), because in her words “He is my favorite son-in-law (albeit her only one). He did in fact take you off my hands with a no return policy.” I get it from all sides, as you can see.  Yes, he did have to endure my younger days. The days in which he swore on many occasions, that I was not his wife, but Bobby, his little frat brother. So, I was a bit messy. Well, as the years have gone by. I have changed a bit. I suppose now he prefers to call me obsessive compulsive (sometimes). Or on trips, “The Trip Nazi.” I’m not sure which is better. Its ok I just let him have his fun. Do I have anything negative to say about Mr. Sweets? Absolutely not…that’s just not my style. But, I do know the multitude of objects that could be cleaned with his toothbrush. Oh, relax, I’m just kidding….sort of :)

Seriously, to celebrate my 10 year anniversary to Mr. Sweets, I’ll include some pictures. Then I’ll show you the fabulous 10 year anniversary gift he MADE (yes girls, that’s right, MADE!) me in an attempt to gain a little exposure on the Sinful Southern Sweets blog. Enjoy my little trip down memory lane!

 Before we were married, oh we were but mere babes!

Holding our first nephew.
 Oh, Mr. Sweets! Is that lipstick you're wearing? Teehee

Oooolala! Oh Mr. Sweets, is it true that you threw your back out on your honeymoon? Oh, that's right, it is true. (going to hide my toothbrush now, just in case he decides to take revenge:)
Loving his little Princess Runwild. Oh how he adores his princesses!

And my anniversary gift:

A sweet card. And literally sweet it was.

Look how he used all sorts of candy to make the words of his message. 

Can you see how huge it is? Look here it is next to little Runwilder.

Its nearly as tall as she is! And wasn't that romantic of him to mention my "Mounds, Whoppers and Whatchamacalits" at the end. Though he is sweet, he is still a man! But, seriously, how could a fella’ go wrong with a gift like that!! 

Mr. Sweets thank you for  being you. For holding my hand through the sad times as we’ve laid family to rest, the happy times as we’ve watched friends get married and the joyous times as we’ve watched two little miracles emerge from God’s workshop.  In the words of Jimmy Buffett, "Some of its magic, some its tragic, but I've had a good life along the way.” Though, perhaps, “good” is a bit of an understatement.
Thanks for 10 wonderful years!!








23 comments:

Diana's Cocina said...

Happy Anniversary - Love the photo's!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You might want to resort to the disposable tooth brushesjust to be safe, dear! It is a good thing that my favorite son-in-law is such a nice fellow. But.....just in case he has forgotten....the no return policy is still in force. He was warned by his favorite mother-in-law that you could be a little devil!

MOTHER MAXINE HERE!

DaniBrava said...

So sweet and clever!!! What a great card, happy anniversary!

Julie M. said...

What a creative anniversary gift! He definitely loves you through and through. Congrats on celebrating 10 years. My husband would add in the part about the mounds, whoppers, and watchamacallits too, so have no fear, there's another hubby like yours out there.

Hope you enjoy your special day!

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

That is SO creative and sweet (literally haha)! Happy anniversary to you both!

jc said...

What a sweet darling! Congratulations to you both on your Anniversary. Love the huge card, don't think a lot of men would go through such lengths to get that handmade, an absolutely endearing, warm and the sweetest way of expressing how much he loves you, lucky you! Enjoy this special day.

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Visiting from Mommy Cooks! Your husband looks like a sweetheart and I love your tribute to him. I never thought of the toothbrush trick before.. hmmmm....

Tickled Red said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!! :)

I have to say that I am a wee bit enamored of your Mr. Sweets after this post. That smile, that leg ;),tolerant and giant candy cards...lovely guy you have there darlin'. He's absolutely a keeper.I agree though you might want to keep your toothbrush under lock and key and don't forget the mouth wash...you never know what might be in it now :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

A heartfelt Happy Anniversary to your both. I hope it is a splendid day of memories being recalled and made. Hugs and blessings...Mary

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! You sound like a great family and here's wishing you the best!

My Man's Belly said...

Happy Anniversary! I laughed when you said Mr. Sweets feels neglected in your blog. Craig would rather not be mentioned in mine. But since it's pretty much based on him...well...

faithy said...

Happy Anniversary!! the card your husband made for you is so cute! So sweet of him!

Kim said...

The card that you husband made was very cute and thoughtful too! A very sweet gesture indeed. I hope you had a wonderful 10th anniversary and wish you many, many more:)

Elle said...

Congratulations to you and Mr. Sweets! A successful marriage is a bit of a miracle and a true blessing.
That card is just the sweetest thing...literally. Best gift ever for an anniversary.

Unknown said...

An important milestone! Congratulations!
Terri

Unknown said...

I follow you via google friend connect as tsue1136
tsue1136 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Love CSN! Thanks for the opportunity. I could peruse their vast selection all day!

If I were to win, I'd use the gift certificate toward:
http://www.csnstores.com/Kenroy-Home-90047BRZ-LO1032.html

tsue1136 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

follow you on twitter as tsue1136
tsue1136 at yahoo dot com

www.sweetcreationsbystephanie.com said...

Happy Anniversary!
That was a sweet card.. love it!

Good job Mr. Sweets

Krista said...

That is awesome! Happy Anniversary!

Capricorn Soap Company said...

Congrats on your anniversary! What a sweet hubby you've got there!

Just stopping by to show some blog love.

Have a great week!

-Christina

http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

Reeni said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!! Love the photos and the card. How precious!

Monica H said...

That card is so sweet! Happy belated 10th to you both!