Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cupid's Crunch and a free Valentine's Printable


Ok, so Valentine's Day is just a few days away now. Hopefully, you have secured that perfect gift for your significant other. If not, you better get busy! And don't let yourself fall into that old trap of when your loved one says "Oh, you don't have to get me anything...." Yes, you do. It never ends favorably when you take that advice. Well, it doesn't! I'm just sayin'...I'm not saying it has to be expensive or big. But, you'd better show up on Valentine's with something. Even a heart made of construction paper is better than nothing. I've never had to worry about that with my Mr. Sweets. He has always said that every lady deserves to get flowers on Valentines. He's a sweet one, he is......

So, when you get your Sweetie's gift procured, you might then think about doing something sweet for your friends, co-workers or kiddos. Thats's where today's recipe comes in. Today's recipe is a great sweet snack mix that I came up with and named 'Cupid's Crunch'. With a mix of cereal, candy and toffee covered popcorn, its sure to be a hit.
 And since I was feeling extra lovey dovey , I decided to make a little printable tag, for all my sweet readers,  that can be cut/punched out and attached to a bag of Cupid's Crunch. Using a paper punch is the quickest and easiest option. My punch is a round- 2 5/16" punch. You can download the tags here.

Enjoy!
Cupid's Crunch
Ingredients:
2 cups Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Oat Cereal (or Cheerios:)
2 Cups Crunch n Munch toffee coated popcorn
1 Cup Teddy Grahams or Annie's Bunny Grahams
1 Bag Jelly Beans (*I found the heart Jelly Beans at Walmart)
1/2 cup red M&Ms
2 cups mini marshmallows

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. Mix. Serve


1 comments:

theUngourmet said...

What a fun Valentine mix! I would eat this anytime of year!!