Sunday, March 14, 2010

Berry Cream Cheese Muffins

Don't you just love it when an early morning creation actually turns into something edible. Not only edible, but down right yummy. And, not in any way resembling a hockey puck. Well you just never know with baking. As I've said before, baking is a precise science. You start futzing around with the dynamics of a recipe and quite often you get a muffin-hockey puck or just a rock. I'm not sure which is worse. I've not convinced my family to consume either (willingly). But today was a different day. Today my monkeying around with ingredients paid off. My girls actually both ate breakfast.  Any mother of small picky princesses/princes truly knows what an accomplishment this can be!  Yet, the most amazing part of all is that the whole recipe only had 4 tablespoons of sugar. That's almost unheard of for a toddler/preschooler to consume anything with such a small increment of sugar! No bouncing off the wall-.crazy kids for me today....Enjoy!

Berry Cream Cheese Muffins
Ingredients:
2 1/4 c. self rising flour
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
8 oz whipped berry cream cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the oil and egg. Alternate adding the flour and milk until just mixed. Do not overmix.
Grease or line 12 muffin cups. Divide batter among the muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

14 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

The berry cheese muffins look so moist, fluffy and perfect!

cookies and cups said...

These look awesome! I am book marking this recipe right now! THANKS :)

Kim said...

Yum - I'm all about some berry cream cheese. I think I could happily eat three in one sitting:D

Lucie said...

I had no idea berry cream cheese even existed! These look like a perfect breakfast treat, and the lighting on your picture makes me want to sit out in the sun!

Dinners and Dreams said...

What beautiful muffins! I love the color.

Nisrine

Chef Aimee said...

Oh yummy! That pink color is gorgeous to boot!

Julie said...

Very nice low sugar breakfast. Beats the heck out of fruit loops any day!

Freely Living Life said...

Hi there!

Oh my! Those look fantastic.

We are visiting from the FF. We are already followers of yours and wanted to stop by and say hello. :) Hope you had a fantastic weekend! <3

faithy said...

lovely muffins! looks very light and scrumptious! and i like the pink color!

Trissa said...

That looks really good - no wonder it was a favourite with your kids! Where can I get this berry cream cheese? Any substitutes you can suggest?

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Trissa, you could probably substitute regular whipped cream cheese with a teaspoon or 2 of jam/jelly. I found my berry cream cheese at Aldi's, but I think you can buy it at Walmart as well.
Hope you love it!

love lives in the kitchen said...

this recipe is incredible! i think i'm gonna test it immediately! yumm!

Diana's Cocina said...

oh wow, this sounds yummy!

sanjeet said...

These look awesome! I am book marking this recipe right now! THANKS :)
home based data entry