Friday, April 23, 2010

Unbelievably Good Peanut Butter Cup Cookies






I'm ba-a-ack.....We took a short trip to enjoy a little time lazing on the beach. Since returning, I've been recovering from our vacation. You know the old saying "Need a vacation to recover from my vacation" Wow, truer words have never been spoken ("Truer"...I'm thinking that's not a real word...we'll pretend like it is today:)Yet, though its always tiring when vacationing with little ones, we had a great time. My little Runwild Princesses could not get enough of the waves and sand. I started to believe they were cultivating sand in their little swimsuits. And, the oldest decided she could not possibly live another moment if she did not have a hula outfit. (Yes, she is that dramatic...not sure were she gets it from) Here's a pic of her new daily uniform:
The coconut bra was NOT optional...And of course the little one had to have her go at it as well :)


Great times and lots of great memories, but  it sure has cut into my baking time!! So, today's recipe is extra yummy to make up for it. It includes that old standby combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I'm sure there's someone out there that doesn't like the combination, but I haven't found any of those people yet. The original recipe for this was found over at Picky Palate. I love, love, LOVE Picky Palate! In fact I'll be posting another of her recipes soon. There's just so many good ones to try! On this cookie, Jenny suggested you use Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I did....Glad I did, but I'm mad at Reese's for not selling these year round. Man, those things are to die for. I can't explain why they're better than just a regular peanut butter cup, but they are!! Even without the peanut butter cups/eggs, the base of this cookie is unreal. Seriously, these are probably one of the best cookies I've tried in quite sometime. Although,  I could be a bit biased due to the peanut butter/chocolate combo:) Enjoy!









Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
adapted from Picky Palate
2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons corn syrup
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 large eggs plus 1 egg white
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Cups chopped Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs, 12 total eggs or use regular Reese's Peanut Butter Cups 
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter, sugars, peanut butter and corn syrup until well combined….light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
2.  In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs.  Mix only until just combined.  Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes until just turning golden around edges.  Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Try to let them cool at least long enough that they don't burn the skin off the roof of your mouth :)

A few more beach pics:




32 comments:

Kim said...

What gorgeous pictures! Glad to hear you all enjoyed a nice family vacation:D
Those darn peanut butter eggs really are so much better than the normal pb cups. The cookies look divine! I bet I could put away at least half a dozen all on my own;D

Rambling Tart said...

Oh, your babes are GORGEOUS! I love that they "had" to have a coconut bra. :-) And these cookies really look to die for. :-)

cds0409 said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and absolutely love it! Especially being a Southern girl myself! Currently, I live in Charlotte, NC but grew up in Augusta, GA with family 60 miles west of Savannah. These cookies look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try them soon, but I'm sad that the Reese's pb eggs aren't around anymore. :( I don't know how they do it, but those things are totally better than the cups. I think we have a consensus on that! Now, my husband and I did by out WalMart on their Cadbury eggs. Hmmm...now that could bring about a whole other level of recipes (if you have any suggestions, please feel free to forward!). I need to think about that. Anyway, oh, I almost forgot, you and your girls are just beautiful! Love your blog!!! Looking forward to making my way through it and trying some of your recipes. -Charla (P.S - Okay, so if you can tell me how you've managed to be an amazing baker and stay so skinny, I'd love to hear it.

Tia said...

wow they look amazing!!!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Charla, I believe Picky Palate did have a cupcake recipe using those cadbury eggs. Mmmm...that's a whole 'nother addiction! On the subject of my weight and being a baker...its a funny thing, and most probably would not believe this, but I have been on a low carb diet for over a year :) I know, that sounds crazy to run a baking blog and be a low carber. Since reaching my goal, I'm not quite as strict, and I do indulge in my baked goods. Hey, there has to be a little quality control. Right?!? I make my sweets, I taste them, and then I send them out the door to either my husbands sweet-loving co-workers, family or friends. I do not let them linger around for long :) Plus, the sooner they are gone....the sooner I can bake something else :) Glad you have found my blog and are enjoying it!
Take Care!

Angie's Recipes said...

Your daughters looks so so beautiful! Like mother, like daughters!
Peanut butter cookies are my all time favourite.

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Awwe, Angie, your so sweet!! Thanks so much!

This Wife Cooks said...

Your girls are so cute! Oh, and the cookies look good too. ;) My guys would love the peanut butter and chocolate!

Kirsten said...

Those beach pics are absolutely gorgeous! Love you blog! Everything looks so yummy!

Fork1 said...

WOw, these look addictive and scrumptious! You also have a beautiful family. Your life is rich in so many ways :)

Pam said...

The photos are great and your children look very cute and sweet! I absolutely have to try this recipe! Reese's PB Cups are my favorite candy and they would be fabulous in this cookie. Thanks for the recipe and for visiting my blog! It's nice to meet you!

Lucie said...

What beautiful pictures! You have the cutest family ever :) And those cookies...wow. You just made me hungry!

chow and chatter said...

great cookies and amazing cookies I hear ya I got back yesterday and am feeling the same way!

Chef Aimee said...

Your girls are adorable!

These cookies contain my all time favorite kind of candy! :)

Diana's Cocina said...

Your daughters are precious! And those cookies look divine! Glad you are back from your family vacation.

Lazaro Cooks said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. Can't beat time with the family. Love the cookies, but then again I am like the cookie monster. Cheers!

Leslie said...

OMG..those are GORGEOUS photos of you and your children! Those cookies would be too dangerous to make in my house.
Classic Hula outfit..you might have a fashion diva on your hands!

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Drool! i'm looking for cookies to woo my coworkers with tomorrow at work - I think this fits the bill. :)

Megan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love the outfits, and the kids are precious!
I'm bookmarking these for next easter when I cant some eggs. They look awesome!

Tree said...

My absolute favorite combination!! YUMMY Thanks for the recipe! And the girls are adorable in their coconut bras. LOL

P.S. I have featured this post on my blog for my Sunday Linky Love meme...come check it out!

♥peachkins♥ said...

the peanutbuter cookies are to die for. I love the last photo. You have such lovely daughters..

blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Missy said...

Love your photos...looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Can't wait to try out the cookies as well!! Welcome back!

Krista said...

Gorgeous pics of you and your girls! They remind me of mine...SO dramatic and totally into the dress up right now. We leave on vacation next week...you can bet I'm gonna need to rest up after ours. 4 families on a marathon 4 days at Disney. Yikes!

These cookies look amazing! I made compost cookies with my daughters this weekend. They totally got a kick out of all of the "stuff" we threw in.

Mary Bergfeld said...

You've misnamed your blog. You should have called Sinfully Sweet Southerns. Your "baby" girls are beautiful and are already heart breakers. It must be your cookies that do it. Thank you for your kind words. I did appreciate them. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

thedelishdish said...

youre right the chocolate peanut butter combo is impossible not to love! i really want to try one of these reeses eggs & better yet stock up so i can make these cookies. the pictures of you and your family are beautiful!!

Barbara Bakes said...

Picky Palate is definitely the place to go for peanut butter recipes. This one looks especially delicious. A beach vacation is perfect for little one. It sounds like you had a great time. Your girls are adorable!

Brad said...

Thanks for the great cookie recipe, sounds tasty

Tickled Red said...

Those are the sweetest pictures of you and your girls :)!! By the way you are KILLING me with all of the peanut butter and chocolate combos. I can't take the teasing anymore...please send some to- Desperate Over the Edge Red in NC.

cookies and cups said...

such great photos and the cookies look to-die!

Katie said...

Hi! I came over from Friday Follow! I love your blog. I'm Southern Baker Wanna-Be! Please stop by some time!

www.ktc4unc.blogspot.com

sanjeet said...

they look amazing!!!
post free classified ads

What a Dish! said...

Those cookies look amazing, and I love the beach pics!