Monday, August 2, 2010

No Bake S'mores Bars


As I said in my last post, it has been unbearably hot in the South lately. Its always hot and humid in the summer, but this summer the heat index has loomed around 115. I don't know who's got control of the Southern thermostat up there, but they must have forgotten that us southern bells don't like to "puhspiyah" (aka perspire.) Lord knows we just might melt! Well, perhaps we would melt if all that that sugar we're made from wasn't mixed with a bit of fire :) Oh, well...
Since its been so hot, I decided I'd share a little creation I made not long ago. You will not like me after I share this recipe. Its just too easy....it should not be this easy to obtain something this good. Seriously!
You'll make them. You'll start trying them before they've ever set up. When you finally decide that its ridiculous that you can't leave them alone for half an hour to allow them to set, you will finally step away from the Smores Bars (after consuming 1/3 of the pan). You will eventually stick them in the refrigerator to help speed the process because you really don't want to consider the thoughts that you're losing all self control over a pan of cookies. Finally, they will set and you will start indulging. And indulging. And finally, you will wrap the rest up and try to give them away because you ate almost all of them by yourself while your kids were taking a nap.....
I'm telling you, they are good. What?!? Absolutely not! No, that little scenario was absolutely not about me! That was just a hypothetical situation. You believe me...right? Right....ok, so I'm going to go to the gym now (not because that's what I do when I've consumed lots of baked/or unbaked goods). I like to spend countless hours of my mornings( in regret) on the elliptical. You believe that too I bet :) Oh, well, it was worth it!! Enjoy!!

No Bake S'mores Bars

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
4 planks of graham crackers, broken into small squares, but not crushed
2c Rice Krispies
1 1/2 c Cinnamon Toast Crunch
1/3 c. white chocolate chips
2 c. mini marshmallows

Directions:
Melt the chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Add in the graham crackers, Rice Krispies and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Stir until all is well coated. Add in the white chocolate chips and marshmallows. Mix again to incorporate. In a lightly greased 9x13 pan, spread the mixture. Allow to completely set before slicing into bars. May be refrigerated to help speed the process of setting. Enjoy!




11 comments:

TKW said...

This one is a keeper! My kids are going to love this, and it's easy! Thanks for the recipe.

Reshmi said...

i hve bookmarked the page...love it...thnks for sharing this recipe...

Brad said...

Yum, these sound really tasty, what a creative recipe!

Pam said...

They look delicious and very unique! Yum!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

now those looks so very very good! may I have one please?

Lucie said...

An easy, yummy treat! I would definitely eat the whole pan...dangerous!

RamblingTart said...

Oh how decadently scrumptious!! :-) Reminds of squares my Mums used to make. How I loved them! :-)

Kim said...

This summer has been unbearably hot and these are the perfect dessert to help satisfy your sweet tooth without heating up the house! I would probably eat my fair share too. They look ooey gooey and delicious.

tease-spoon of sugar said...

Those look and sound ridiculously good. And I happen to have a box of the right cereal in my cupboard. Looks like I'm going to have to try them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Tickled Red said...

Woah Nelly!! Those are off the hook! All three of my guys would have a fight over who would get the whole batch. You go girl!

Diana's Cocina said...

I've got to try this recipe. I have it bookmarked. I know my family would love them. Stay cool