Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pie



I'm trying to be industrious this week. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I am trying to get some of my dishes premade (assuming they are freezable) and frozen. So next week, all I will have to do is thaw them, put the finishing touches on and bake. And with my desserts, all I will have to do is thaw them. Can you tell that I way over plan everything. Tis the reason I have been given the name "Trip Nazi" when we travel. You don't just get pegged with that name for no reason :) Anyways, my recipe today is a Chocolate Chip Pie. I'm not really sure how to describe it. But, if you like chocolate chip cookies, you will love this pie. Its somewhat gooey on the inside but the top comes out crisp (kind of like a cookie). Perhaps, that was not a great description, but all you need to know is that it is fabulous and it contains chocolate. Well, that was somewhat redundant. If it contains chocolate, obviously it is fabulous. So, let me try again, all you need to know is that it contains chocolate. Enough said. So go bake it right now!! If you are able, save it and freeze it for Thanksgiving. Or make 2. Eat one, save one. Enjoy!

















Chocolate Chip Pie
Ingredients:

1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 325° F.

BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Pour into pie shell.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
NOTES:

* If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly.

To freeze: Bake as directed. Cool completely. Wrap in foil, store in freezer type zip top bag for up to one month. Thaw overnight before serving.

0 comments: