Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars


I have been told that peanut butter runs through the veins of my husband and his family. I'm beginning to fear that one of my children may be disowned if they ever discover that peanut butter is not her favorite condiment. I, personally, do love peanut butter. And especially the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Well....really, what doesn't combine well with chocolate? I think all those weirdos eating chocolate covered bugs have proven that for us :)
This recipe is very similar in taste to a peanut butter cup. I wouldn't say it was exact, but its as close as I think you can get without working in the Reese's factory. And best of all, this is a no bake recipe Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Bars
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 c peanut butter
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.*Allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting so the chocolate does not crack.

0 comments: