Sunday, January 3, 2010

Crunchy Double Peanut Butter Cookies



I'm not sure why I choose to bake when hell appears to be breaking loose in my house. My children were positively uncontrollable yesterday. Of course, as I have mentioned before, baking is my stress relief. But, it does appear to be counterproductive to try to find stress relief when there are "monkeys" dangling from the chandelier. The monkeys are my 4 yr old and 18 month old. At one point yesterday, my oldest monkey started yelling "Momma, she's drinking your juice" Well, first of all, I don't drink juice. So this in itself concerned me, as to what she was consuming. When I stepped into the den, I saw my 18 mo. old holding my (once full) Red Bull. There was 1/4 left. I panicked for a moment because I was certain I would be outnumbered if she was running on artificial energy. Thankfully, there was a large amount spilled on the floor. The same floor where my modem, power strip and wireless router reside. But, I guess we all survived. Well, the internet service has been a bit spotty, but atleast it still works sometimes :)

Anyways, on to the cookie.  I know everyone has their own preferences as to crunchy or soft. These are for my crunchy folks. And, despite the fact that I generally prefer soft cookies, these are really good!  Very easy to make (unless you're distracted by the monkeys) with common pantry ingredients. The peanut butter chips give them that extra boost of peanut butter flavor.On a side note, I do not recommend offering these to children that have consumed Red Bull.....it appears to only increase the effect of the artificial energy. Enjoy!

Crunchy Double Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
2 c flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 c dark brown sugar
1 1/4 c white sugar
1 c butter, softened
3 eggs
1 c creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 c peanut butter morsels

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another bowl combine sugar and butter until creamed. Add in eggs, until incorported. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla. Fold in peanut butter morsels. Chill dough for 10 minutes. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and then place on ungreased baking sheet. Make criss-cross design on top with sugar dipped fork, gently pressing cookie down. Bake at 325 degrees for 17-18 minutes.

0 comments: