Monday, February 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie

Today's recipe is another from my family recipes. My Granny made this pie for as long as I can remember. It was a favorite of my cousin, Carey Lee. Everytime I can remember her making this pie, she would always go on about how she had to make an extra for Carey Lee. Well, ole' Granny didn't mention in that little statement that she wasn't going to any extra trouble, really. The recipe makes 2 pies...Teeheehehee! My Granny was such a card! I admired her for so many of her qualities, but her humor (and her lack of acknowledging it) is what I admired most.
As I was talking with Mother Maxine the other day,  she told me a story that an old friend had shared with her. Apparently, back in the good old days, when the circus would come to town, the circus was held in tents. My mother's childhood friend told her she vividly remembered my grandmother taking them to the circus once when they were children. What she remembered most was that my grandmother had a full sized pair of scissors in her handbag! See, Granny had thought this through...She told the girls that if the tigers got loose, she had scissors. Not to attack the tigers, but to cut through the tent if she needed to. LOL! I told my mother that her behavior had passed along to me. I carry a full size pair of scissors in my glove compartment, in case I ever need to cut  my seat belt off :) I wonder if anyone else in my family carries scissors as  lifesaving tactical gear.
Ok, so you've humored me long enough by enduring the story about my grandmother. Now the recipe. This pie is almost too easy! Its fail-proof. You don't even bake it!  You can top this with Butterfingers (which is what Granny used), Peanut Butter Cups (which is what I had) or anything else you believe would compliment this creamy peanut butter pie. And, you can easily freeze the second pie....or give it away and make someone feel special!! Enjoy!













Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
1 (16 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts/or chocolate cookie crusts
Topping: Peanut Butter cups (broken into pieces) or Butterfingers (crushed)
Directions
1.Beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
2.Spoon into two 9 inch graham cracker pie shells; cover, and freeze until firm.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm

Trissa said...

I love your Granny - she sounds amazing - and to hand down such a wonderful recipe - lucky you!

grace said...

how about butterfingers AND peanut butter cups? :)
this is a classic and sensational dessert. i feel mucho pity for anyone who hasn't had the fortune of biting into a slice!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Grace, you hush your mouth! Why didn't I think about that, butterfingers and reeces' cups, Girl! Definately going that direction next time!!

Reshmi said...

hello..first time visiting ur blog..u have a lovely space here...nice blog with lovely recipes....love to be a member and ofcourse ur friend tooo....

The Cooking Photographer said...

Holy cow!!!!! Can this be real? Print!!!

À LA GRAHAM said...

Just came across your blog and I just love it! I think I am going to have to make this tomorrow. I'll let you know if I post it on my blog. Thanks for the recipe!

Fork1 said...

ummm... mouth watering, simply mouth-watering

sanjeet said...

she sounds amazing
rihanna video