Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Samoa Brownies

Here in the south, it is a rare occasion that we get snow. My girls had  never actually gotten to play in snow, until this past weekend. It seems when we get snow here, it is either just a few flurries, or the weather forecasters completely miss it and we get a blizzard about every 15 years. Well, this last weekend we were blanketed with a perfect snow. Now granted, it wasn't forecasted for our area....but at least it wasn't a blizzard. Maybe a couple of inches, no loss of power, and enough for a snowman. Though I realized after about 30 minutes of trying to help the girls build a snowman, there has never been enough snow in my lifetime for me to become properly skilled at snowman building. But, at least we tried...And since we are not accustom to snow, little southern kids can only handle the snow for about 10 minutes before turning a pale shade of blue. So that left lots of time for baking this weekend. Plus, the girl scout cookies arrived on Thurs. night. So I was on a mission to concoct something filled with girl scout cookies! But first here are some pictures of my little southern snowbunnies:





I'm not defensive about this...but her hat is a little lamb hat, not a pig!

Loved every minute of it, until she couldn't feel her tootsies!

She had waited her entire life to do this

We told her to only eat the white snow...she didn't listen..


I searched around the internet, and of all places found a recipe on the Girl Scouts website. I didn't even know the girl scouts had recipes on their website. Not that I've had any reason to spend a lot of time on their site, but I will now that I know they speak my language :) There were lots of recipes incorporating their famous cookies into spectacular desserts. So, if you haven't bought any Girl Scout cookies, go hunt one down and buy about 20 boxes. Hey, it goes toward a great cause and they freeze well so you can enjoy them all year round. If they last that long :) Enjoy!













Samoa Kiss Brownies
recipe adapted from the Girl Scouts

1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/3 c. evaporated milk
¾ cup melted butter
12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
¾ cup  caramel ice cream syrup
½ package Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
2 TBSP Toasted Coconut

Mix cake mix, evaporated milk and butter. Pour half of mixture into a 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 350° for six minutes. Sprinkle one cup chocolate chips on top. Spread caramel over chocolate. Add ½ box crushed Samoas and one tablespoon toasted coconut. Pour remaining cake batter on top and bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and coconut. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.

18 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

LOL LOL Your daughter....I love her way of enjoy the winter nature. Just so adorable.

Don't know about the samoa cookies, but the brownies look so intriguing.

Sonya said...

Im so loving your girls..Im glad you pointed out that it's a lamb hat..totally thought a cute little piggy..but clearly she is a sweet lamb:)

Man these look so amazing! I miss the cake mixes sometimes..it would make things alot easier when it comes to recipes like this..well that and the girl scout cookies..we have the girl scouts here but they dont sell the cookies..how seriously sad is that? thin mints are my all time favorite.

Anne said...

The brownies look incredible!!! Can't say I've ever checked out the GS website, but will do so now! By the way...your girls are absolutely adorable...pretty in pink!!!

Jennifer Warthan said...

Cute little pig!

:)

Just teasing. I love her little lamb hat!

CinnamonAndSass said...

Oh yum, love brownies and Girl Scout cookies! I'm glad your gals got to experience snow, it was my favorite part of growing up in Minnesota

Unknown said...

The brownies look yummy and I love the hat!

I'm following you from Friday Follow!
Heather
http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

Amy from She Wears Many Hats said...

Cuuuuute girls!

What a great combo for brownies - never seen these before. My husband loves coconut.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

OK, those brownies look amazing and I really must try the recipe, but can we talk instead for a minute about your ADORABLE daughters and their equally delicious HATS???!!

Sooooo cute! Tee-hee!! Thanks for the smile!

Reeni said...

Your girls are adorable! It must of been so fun playing in the snow! What scrumptious brownies. Does it get any better than brownies with cookies in them? YUMMM!

The Cooking Photographer said...

Your little girls are sooo adorable in the snow! We've had hardly any snow here and my daughter has been pretty bummed about it. She did make one snowman though.

I must buy some Samoas this year so I can make these! What a good way to stretch out that little box.

Laura

Luv to Save said...

those brownies looks so good! thanks for sharing the recipe

Lucie said...

Where can I get one of those hats?? Soo cute!!! The brownies look so good--I might just have to ask my parents to send me a box of Samoas from the US. Only if they can add a box of Thin Mints though!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Love your daughters' hats, so cute!! :)

Missy said...

You're daughters are just the cutest little things! LOVE the hats! :)

And these brownies, well, that's just not right to do to a girl trying to lose weight. They look OH so good!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these look absolutely delicious! I'm definitely adding this of my list of recipes to try out soon. Forget my post about no-pudge fudge brownies, these look like they're so worth it ;)

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Y'all are just all so sweet! Thanks for the sweet compliments on both my girls and my brownies. New recipe tomorrow!!

Velva said...

The weather has been wild this Winter. You know when it's snowing as far south as Florida something rare is going on- Your girls are adorable. The brownies delicious.

Unknown said...

Those brownies look so good, I want to lick my computer screen!

Happy Friday Follow ... on Saturday :). I'm you're newest follower. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime! Have a great weekend.

http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com