Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Boyfriend Cookies



Boyfriend Cookies. Yes, that's right. Why do I call them Boyfriend Cookies? Well...for several reasons,
 1)They're so good, they just MIGHT land you a boyfriend 2) They're sooo good, you might trade your boyfriend for one more cookie :)  3) They're so good, you might just forget you want/need a boyfriend. But also, not to be forgotten 4)If you have a boyfriend, and he doesn't like these, it might be a good indicator that you need to kick him to the curb....because something has just got to be wrong with him!! They are that good :)


OK, seriously, these are so yummy. This was one of my own concoctions. They start with a gooey rich chocolate chip cookie. Then they are filled to the brim with peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, Reese's pieces and M&M's. There is just enough dough to hold together all the candy. Isn't that really the way it should be! They just have so many fabulous ingredients, how could you go wrong?? You very well may go into a sugar comma with this one. But trust me, its worth it! This is certainly one of those recipes that you should just go ahead and hot glue it to your hiney. Because, as I've said before, that's where it will be residing anyways. Enjoy!
 
Boyfriend Cookies
 
Ingredients


1 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups chocolate chips (1 cup milk choc & 1 cup semisweet)

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter chips

1/2 cup M&M's

1/2 cup Reese's Pieces

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2.In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and remaining candy.

3.Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. I usually use a small spring-loaded cookie scoop. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on wire racks.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the pudding mix, do you make the pudding and add it in the bowl with sugars or do you just add the package to the sugars?

Kate said...

My guess is that you just add the powder.

Mel said...

I don't know if you are still on this blog or not, but I came across this recipe on Pinterest... I made them and they are LITERALLY the best cookies I have ever had in my entire life. Thank you so much!! I will definitely continue to make these.

Rabida.Haque said...

what if i dont add the pudding mix? should still taste good!

Madison said...

The pudding mix is supposed to be mixed in as a powder, do not make the pudding. It essentially will make the cookie "fluffier" just as it does to cakes when you add it to cake mix, which I HIGHLY recommend :)

Anonymous said...

They were good, but really really sweet. I think next time I will add a lot less sugar and brown sugar to the dough

Anonymous said...

Found your recipe on Pinterest. I wanted to stop by and leave a review since there weren't many yet and I know I hesitated to make these because they sound like they'd be way too sweet. These are awesome!!! They're not too sweet like I was worried about, somehow they're just right. Definitely add the pudding because it puffs the cookie up. Without it, it will be A LOT of candy sitting on top of a fairly flat cookie. They also froze well and I thought they were actually better after freezing and thawing. I cooked them couple minutes less because I'd rather have a raw cookie than a crunchy cookie, but they're pretty forgiving. Everyone I've served them to loves them. Thanks for sharing the great recipe!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely amazing! I made them once, and people won't stop asking for them! I'll definitely be making again.

Anonymous said...

I have made these so many times!! Fantastic cookies!! I use a 1/4 measuring spoon to form the cookie ball. Then freeze them for about an hour. Or you can freeze the dough for about 20 minutes, to keep it from sticking and still manageable to shape them. Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

These are the best. I am gonna enter them in my Sunday school church class cookie contest. MMT

nazhamster85 said...

These are fantastic!! They were devoured by my friends & family when I first made them. I'm using them in the 'Cookie Wars' competition my department is having this week! I think they'll win!

Thanks for such a great recipe!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone says these are their favorite cookies ever! My boyfriend asks me to make them every holiday and for his birthdays. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Uh, they are cookies. Loaded-with-candy cookies, nonetheless. Of course they are very sweet...

Alice said...

This is seriously the best cookie ever! I make them for my friends and take them to school all the time and they are always a huge hit! I love them too because you can substitute for whatever candy you have laying around!
Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

I am in L O V E with these cookies... Oh My My!

Anonymous said...

For some reason, my cookies keep collapsing. What am I doing wrong?!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Hmm, the only thing I can think that would make them fall is that your baking soda may be old. Baking soda needs to be used or replaced within about 6 months of opening or it loses it's rising properties. Try them again with a fresh box of baking soda. Oh, and you have to make these as really big balls of dough when scooping it on to the trays. I usually use a big ice cream scoop. Leave them as balls and dont flatten.
Hope this helps!

Reta said...

Made these on the weekend and the hubs and kids love them. Will be adding it to my box of favorites.

The only thing was I had to add an extra egg as my dough wasn't thick enough. :)

Anonymous said...

i didn't have any vanilla pudding mix the second time i made it, but i used a hot chocolate mix instead and it worked just as well just more chocolatey!

Anonymous said...

I made these for my boyfriend and they are incredible! I had them sitting out to cool and I left home to come back to some of threaten because my family couldn't keep their hands off! I was worried there would be too many chips or it would be too sweet! But they are perfect just the way the recipe calls for!

Anonymous said...

How many cookies does one batch of cookie dough make?

Unknown said...

I'm making these tomorrow with dark chcolate chips, almonds and peanut butter chips. my hubby will love them!

Unknown said...

I'm making these tomorrow with dark chcolate chips, almonds and peanut butter chips. my hubby will love them!

Unknown said...

I'm making these tomorrow with dark chcolate chips, almonds and peanut butter chips. my hubby will love them!