Monday, December 21, 2009

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge


OK, one more recipe for today. This peanut butter fudge is so easy! I love candy-making almost as much as baking. If you use a candy thermomether, you will almost guaranteed that your fudge will be the right consistency (i.e. it will actually set up so that you can cut it into squares). Unless it is humid.....or raining.....or you walk away for a moment and let it burn. Well, ok, there is no guarantee, but you will atleast have a shot. If it doesn't set up, put it in the fridge and eat it with spoon. It may not be appropriate for gifting, but its still yummy. I will say, I have never had a fudge made with marshmallow cream not set up. Some call it "Fool proof fudge." And, as a side note, fudge freezes very well. Enjoy!

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
Ingredients
4 cups white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
1.Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2.In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 7 minutes (234 degrees). Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted. Let Cool to about 110-125 degrees (about 8 minutes). Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

I am such a sucker for peanut butter fudge. I was wondering if this was soft. I've had some that was really crumbly and wasn't a fan of those. I know of a place that sells Marshmallow fluff and if you say it's creamy I will hunt it down and buy the jar:)

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Sonya, this is nice soft fudge. I know exactly what you are talking about with the crumbly fudge. Unfortunately, I have made that kind as well! I think it is very important to use the candy thermometer and make sure you wait until the mixture has cooled down to around 110 degrees before adding the peanut butter. I hope you love it!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Oh, one more thing, I did use heavy cream instead of evaporated milk. I'm not sure that it made any difference, but I thought I would pass it along just in case.

Sonya said...

How can you go wrong with heavy cream? lol Thank you for answering me and I will be hunting that marshmallow cream down!

What a Dish! said...

This looks so yummy- you can tell the texture is perfect. I will keep this recipe in mind for next Christmas. :)