Friday, December 4, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies



I'm a little behind on my blogging. I guess the aftermath of Thanksgiving, remodeling, children, etc has gotten the best of me this last week. We had a great Thanksgiving. No major food flops, meltdowns, family squabbles, or children in the ER. With my 2 youngest nephews, the latter is always a possibility. Well, really just the youngest. And, it was up in the air for a second as to whether that little ER visit might occur since he thought it a grand idea to hold my ginormous excercise ball and jump off my little ones bed as though he were Superman. It's a wonder it didn't bounce him up through the ceiling. He did appear to hurt his arm a bit, but all was well. Thankfully his limbs are made of jello! In all seriousness, we did have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

On to the recipe! So, apparently I am all about my little mini muffin pans these days. I made these great peanut butter cup cookies in those cute little muffin pans. Again, I love the peanut butter/chocolate combination. These were quick, yummy and cute. And, for those attending my jewelry party, these will also be in attendance :)

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Freeze unwrapped peanut butter cups.
2.Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
3.Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
4.Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
5.Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a frozen mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool completely and carefully remove from pan. If you have a hard time removing these from the pan after cooling, stick the whole pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes and they will pop right out.
Note: You do not have to freeze the peanut butter cups, but I do think it makes them easier to work with. They do not melt as quickly. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These are one of my favorite cookies. I make them all the time, but with chocolate chip dough. They are just soooo good!